Have you ever felt like Gibraltar is way too slow compared to someone like Wraith or Octane? For quite some time players thought that legends in Apex have different base speeds. But that is not true.
All legends in Apex run at the same base speed. They run at about 7.4 m/s and can cover 100 meters in about 13.5 seconds.
The reason you might think the speed is different is from hand animations and sound effects. A bigger character like Gibraltar has slower hand movement and heavier footsteps. Making it feel as if you are slower.
How to Run Faster in Apex Legends
The reason behind some characters running faster than others can depend. Any legend will run faster with holstered weapons. Characters can also be slowed by taking fire from the enemies. But that doesn’t apply to every legend.
Apart from that, there are a few legend abilities that increase their movement speed:
- Bangalore (Passive): Taking fire while sprinting makes you move faster for a brief time
- Mad Maggie (Passive): Move faster with shotguns
- Wraith (Tactical): Warp quickly avoiding damage
- Octane (Tactical): Increase walk speed by 30% and sprint speed by 40% for 6 seconds
- Bloodhound (Ultimate): Launches a White Raven and enhances senses to see cold tracks and move faster
Mastering movement is an important part of getting better at Apex Legends. So consider your playstyle when choosing the legend to play.
To take your game to the next level try some of the advanced Apex Legends movement techniques. Bunny Hop, Wall Kick, and Boost Jump are all great tools to have in your arsenal.
You have to always be on the move to survive.