There are a few reasons why someone might log out of a Steam account from Apex Legends. For example, someone may have multiple Apex Legends accounts and wish to use another account on Steam. Or perhaps someone wishes to start over with a new account. Regardless of your situation, we’ve got you covered!
Logging Out of Apex Legends on Steam
In order to log out of Apex Legends on Steam, you should contact EA Support. This will ensure that you remain logged in to other EA titles you may have on Steam, so you don’t log out of all of them. If you have only connected Apex Legends to your Steam account, feel free to use the second method in this article to unlink the game from your Steam account.
To log out of Apex Legends on Steam, follow these steps below:
- Head to the official EA Support website.
- Select Apex Legends, which is in the first row on top of the game list.
- Select the platform on which you play this game.
- Click on the “Manage My Account” option, then select “Transfer Between Accounts.”
- A new option called “Select contact option” will appear; click on it.
- Write down your name, last name, and email address into the applicable fields and click on “Next.”
- Finally, wait for EA Support to contact you and let you know that your EA Account, which you use to play Apex Legends, has been unlinked from your Steam account.
Unfortunately, EA Support no longer offers a Live Chat option, which means you’ll just have to wait for an EA employee to contact you. Usually, you’ll receive a notification saying how long you can expect to wait.
Remember, though, that in certain cases, you’ll need to verify the ownership of all the accounts in question (if you have multiple accounts), and just follow the instructions given by the EA employee once you get contacted.
Unlinking Your EA Account From Steam Entirely
Before we proceed, a word of caution – this method will completely unlink your EA (Origin) account from your Steam account. So if you have other EA Games or EA Sports titles in your Steam library, you’ll need to log in again. This won’t reset your progress, and achievements, or delete your save games, It will only log you out.
Now, in case you’re absolutely sure about what you’re doing, here’s how you can accomplish this in a few easy steps:
- Visit the official EA website and sign in with your account.
- Select the profile icon in the upper right corner, left of the question mark.
- Click on the “Account Settings” option.
- Scroll all the way down and select “Connections” on the left side.
- There, you’ll see a list of all other accounts connected to your EA account, such as Steam, Discord, etc.
- Select the “Unlink” option next to the Steam icon.
Now, should you decide to link your Steam account with your EA account again, simply visit this same page and click on the “Link” option next to the Steam icon.
Bonus: How to Link Origin and Steam Accounts
If you played Apex Legends on Origin but would like to play it on Steam, you can easily link your Origin and Steam accounts. Unlike the other steps outlined in this article, connecting your Origin account to your Steam account is much easier. All you have to do is download Apex Legends on Steam, launch the game, and sign in (in-game) using your Origin login details.