Raising a family and enriching a Sim’s life is a goal for many players of The Sims 4. Unfortunately, the base game won’t let you have more than 8 Sims in a single The Sims 4 household.
Luckily, you can get around this limit with the Full House mod. We’ll run you through how to install and use this mod.
The Best Mod for the Job
The easiest way to get more than 8 sims in a household is through using The Sims 4 Full House mod. Full House is a reliable, extremely popular mod that will work with every PC edition of The Sims 4.
- Download the Full House mod from its ModTheSims page
- Open up File Explorer and locate the recently downloaded Full House zip folder.
- Right-click on the folder and choose ‘cut’.
- Find the folder that your The Sims 4 application is saved in. If you aren’t sure where this is, you can use the search bar at the top right of the File Explorer Window – simply search for The Sims 4 to find a folder that contains it.
- Enter the folder, then enter the ‘Mods’ folder
- Right-click and paste to move the Full House mod folder
- Right-click on the ‘MTS’ folder, then choose ‘extract here’, using your preferred unzipping software. If you don’t have one, head over to the WinRAR website to download one for free.
You can now launch The Sims 4. Head into your settings menu, then navigate to the ‘Other’ tab. In here, make sure that ‘Enable Custom Content and Mods’ and ‘Script Mods Allowed’ are both ticked.
You’ve now successfully downloaded and installed the mod! Its features will go into effect next time you open up a world.
Adding More Family Members
With the Full House mod successfully installed, you can easily create families of up to 24 Sims and pets. Adding family members 9-24 is simple: just add them in any way that you usually would. Pregnancy, adoption, pet breeding, and stray animal adoption all work normally within the Full House mod.
If you want to go further than 24, you can increase this number infinitely by using some console commands. Keep in mind that each sim you add to a household will put extra strain on your PC, so make sure your system is up to the job before creating enormous families.
24 is a lot of sims in your house to the point that you might need some remodeling done. And we have some guides ready to help you: